‘Tis the season to count our blessings and I’ve indeed been blessed so here are my top 10 (in no particular order).
1. My bounty of friends and family who always have my back, keep me grounded and remain my biggest fans.
2. My decision to take back my health. For years I struggled with an undiagnosed thryoid issue which then turned into an autoimmune disorder. Now, I have a new lease on life, thanks to my own research and a new doctor who is about whole body wellness, not just chemical warfare on the body.
3. Healing. My family went through a terrible and painful upheaval and I’m thankful for the healing that is ongoing.
4. My writing. It keeps me sane and helps to provide for my family. ‘Nuff said.
5. Those in service. As we celebrate with our friends and families, I am well aware that there are those who are far from the comfort of their hearth, fighting for our freedom and protecting it from harm. I am so thankful for their service!
6. Pumpkin pie. I love it. I could go face first into a huge pie and not feel an ounce of shame. Maybe this is why I love Thanksgiving (hmmm…food for thought.)
7. The Muse. In whatever form she takes, she brings joy and beauty to the world in the form of artistic expression.
8. Memories. My paternal grandmother suffers from Alzheimers and what I have left are memories of how she was. As we get older, so do our loved ones. Cherish them and make memories because someday, that’s all you will have.
9. Wisdom. When I was younger I suffered a brash temper and a sharp tongue. I said and did many things that bit me in the ass later. Today, I am thankful for the wisdom I’ve gained from those youthful mistakes.
10. Life. This truly encapsulates everything but it’s a simple truth. I am thankful for life on this planet. I am blessed beyond measure and I hope you are, too.
In the spirit of giving, share something you’re thankful for and one lucky poster will receive a free read of their choice from my catalog. Giveaway ends Black Friday.